Stuipid Online Tasks for Money

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Stuipid Online Tasks for Money   Mon 27 Apr - 3:47

Found this from a reddit post. Bunch of small ways to generate income doing human labor tasks on the internet. Maximum potential maybe $4-$5/hour. Amazon work marketplace, didn't know about it before, probly a good thing to know about if you want to pick up some side cash when you get bored online.

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

Has sections for workers and people who want to get things done. May have its uses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Webloid
Governor

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Stuipid Online Tasks for Money   Sat 2 May - 3:22

I've done some tasks here on and off. Haven't made much money, but a few bucks here and there. I ate up my balance last time I bought something through Amazon. There's an option to use your Turks balance and then pay whatever remains with your card.

No one's going to get rich here, but you could make a few bucks if you're bored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.weblo.com/member/Webloid/
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Stuipid Online Tasks for Money   Sat 2 May - 7:57

Good to know about, anyhow. Down the road a bit may be a useful resource. Pretty much sums it up.

What you ben up to, seems like you scope it out here from time to time, but tend to stay pretty quiet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Webloid
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Stuipid Online Tasks for Money   Sun 3 May - 12:47

Yeah, I'm still checking on here and there to see what's going on, but since Weblo went to hell I've moved on to other things.

More recently I've started selling off portions of my collection of Star Wars toys. I have literally hundreds of boxes of action figures, ships, vehicles, trading cards, comic books, posters, what-have-you stored in a building that I am selling. Rather than move it all to storage when it sells I'm converting much of it back to cash. Of course I'm keeping a portion for myself, but it's far too much for me to store at home.

I set up a blog a while back (EncryptedBytes.com, "A blog about technology, entertainment, politics, philosophy and other inconsequential matters.") but haven't done much with it for a while. Once I get some other things out of the way I plan to start posting to it and, once it has some decent content, monetize and promote it.

So many things to do, so little time...
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Stuipid Online Tasks for Money   Sun 3 May - 21:38

*This is just a test post*

Always feel the same way. Small tasks eat up time, makes it hard to get the big ones done. Good luck in moving your collection, no real point in having more than you can realistically store anyhow. A person can spend a fortune, storing, transporting and so forth. No point in gettign eaten alive on it.

You doing that locally or thru ebay or a website? Seems like a project, sort of thing that can keep you busy for a long time, lol. Maybe you should look into a consignment deal with someone who has a setup to move that kind of thing. No idea, just spitting into the wind. Ideally someone thats reputable and has somewhere to keep the inventory.

Good to hear from you anyways, figured you'd taken over the internets by now. keep posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Webloid
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Stuipid Online Tasks for Money   Thu 14 May - 11:59

I tried Craiglist with a couple items, but didn't really get much of a response, so I'm listing things on eBay. It takes some time to get the photos and do the listing, but it's going well so far. It takes some time to get the photos and do the listing, but now that I've got a system down it's decent. I host my own photos and don't use any of the extra options so listings cost me just $0.35. There's a final value fee and PayPal fee, but I'm listing pretty much at dealer prices so the net amount is still good - above what I paid :C)

I'd considered consignment or one of those 'we eBay it for you' deals, but I don't really trust them to get the value out of things that I think I can get myself, plus they get a hefty cut of the proceeds too :C(

In a pinch, I could get some people and vehicles and get all the toys moved to storage in a day or two, so it's not too critical that things move fast. If the situation arises it's because the building is selling and I'm about to get a check for $300,000+, so I wouldn't be too bothered :C)
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Stuipid Online Tasks for Money   Thu 14 May - 15:55

Ya, something to be said for a steady revenue stream. Ebay is on my eventually learn how to do it list. There's some people doing a lot of mostly low margin domain flips there, have to look into it.

I've known a couple people who've done well enough with ebay, selling collectibles, to make a living. My uncle is one, although he's getting old so not too productive these days. He has managed to stockpile more stuff than he's going to sell in the next twenty years though, lol.

A system helps if you are power listing for sure. There are some decent tools for that sort of thing, apparently makes it a lot easier to do things in bulk. Imagine the photos are time consuming though.

Hey, you still got a fire sale going on? Figured it had mostly burnt down by now. I got a couple of weblo's hey you need to renew this domain emails, I guess I'm going to be strictly a property owner pretty soon, maybe should check it out in there one of these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuipid Online Tasks for Money   

Back to top Go down

Stuipid Online Tasks for Money
Page 1 of 1