Go down 
AuthorMessage
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 3:25

Posting here, since some people never seem to check their mail, lol
For those that might find something like this interesting.

This looks like it has potential for some uses, php rss reader
http://demo.feedednews.com/ (example of results. main site has free download)

Working on this, testing on a discardable site to see how it works
http://www.ultimateprofile.com
feeds first then pretty it up.
This site is driven by wp-o-matic
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-o-matic/
capable of things like pre-editing and/or word/phrase substitution, reset of dates, backlink or not. New version coming out in may. Getting the cron job thing figured out was tricky, not explained well, since usually varies with server.
Can run multiple sections, not sure how flexible yet, but has some possibilities.
Pretty sure it can draw from yahoo pipes, and video feeds from you-tube, things like that. Can use opal feed lists as well.

*Might work well with an rss directory autosubmitter, since without changes would probably get de-listed quick. Of course if you're going that route you might want to set it up to use "in-link" advertising, since that can get you blacklisted too. Figure set it up right and then start social networking it. Might be worth a try at some point, for now, just testing it.

Another interesting and probably superior system is caffeine
Costs about $50,
video of it being used with link to site is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BofaATbsXM0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 6:12

Alright, kinda getting the hang of the wpomatic thing.

Still trying to figure out how to use it as a standard rss, without stripping out the referal links. I think it can do that, has a relinking feature but seems to be keyword based which is interesting.

Maybe try set up a different campaign and see how that works

Eventually put it into a more "newspaper style" format. Has some interesting potentials. Although I think if you were going to do it weblo style you'd want to find a permissive hosting arrangement and anonymously reg the domains..

I think there are some systems with better date stamping/rates of release. But having fun with it, coulld actually do some pretty cool things with this kind of system.

Think I'm a caffeine junkie though, so will have to give it a try. Still looking at templates and suitable designs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 6:43

Alright, got some more progress

The backlink is optional, just a checkbox. Was looking at the title, actually the link is on the permalink tab, which is unfortunate because its not as strong for seo if you want to use it as a support site mechanism. Also a lot less likely to get clicked. Not sure how my current template is handling that, but it does spawn new pages for each link that gets posted.

It is set up to accept adsense, but I don't think its sophisticated enough yet to make that move. Affiliate links maybe, can always pick a service just for that purpose.

Right now its set to pull a post from the noomle sites rss feed every couple of hours. While I can't change the time frames, I could stagger the sites so the posts come in at somewhat variant intervals, more work though.

Is interesting though, I can set to initial post times (although apparently cant modify the teaser length? without some fairly sophisticated rewrite things set up. Link it to a synonyms thingy and it could get interesting.

Anyone understand pingbacks/pings and if those should be activated or not? How much of an effect on server load and is it nescessary for social networking purpouses?

I think a bit more work and this thing could turn into a monster. Might try and find a good template for it.

Can handle images in the feed, not sure about video. The image parser can hotlink or cache the image on-site to save server/bandwidth resources where the source image is hosted.

Of course since its wordpress it can undoubtedly produce its own feed, which I think can be geared up for twitter and other services...

The p2 template for wordpress is useful in other ways, members can use the box and type in whatever, to post links comments teasers and have it rss syndicated. Not sure whether its a good idea on the same site, except maybe to mix up content, but is a good wordpress platform for collabarative posting.

Firefocx plugins could make it easy to run links from it at any time, straight to rss. If a serious rss directory submission campaign was done, a setup using p2 (w/o the autoblogger) could be an effective central point to get links fed directly to the search engines, with a bit of context, probably speed up indexing. Alternately the system could be setup to grab feeds and rebroadcast from a ton of different blogs. Possibly each within its own newsbox, in an entirely legit/promotional manner.

Naturally other uses are possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charleston
Director of the Senate

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 7:29

you lost me in the middloe of ur first post...this tool is good for what other than fun?

charleston
Director of the Senate

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 7:39

ok glanced at the caffienated thing,,so..if u buy this software,,how do u get it to other pages other than a wordpress blog?,,ftp?

shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 9:17

PM sent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charleston
Director of the Senate

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 9:53

looks good,,bit more than i wanna chew off at this point,,,

shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 19:21

The simple way, for something like noomle or a blog with an rss feed.

1. get twitter account for this purpouse
2. sign up at Twitterfeed.com
3. if you don't have an open id, you'll have to set one up. Requires an email and birthdate (over 13/18)
4. The open id gets linked to your twitter account (also this service can post to 5 similar services, if you are a member of them, I think, haven't looked into it)
5. Once you confirm you can go into twitter feed

(the open ID they default to uses pictures for login, it wont be the same pic, it will be the same concept... ex if you pick an image of a car, the result will be a car but not necessarily the same one.

Inside your twitter feed panel
1. Link your twitter account (if not already done)
2. link your rss feed (from noomle or the rss page of your blog)
3. Set frequencies
4. link additional rss feeds as required

This will sen them all to your twitter account
There are a number of apps that will post your twitter feed to a blog as well, so you can have a page to track where you've been updating.

Uses
1. This should help you get indexed (if not already)
2. you could inadvertantly build a twitter following (some non-link posts on that account may help)
3. This is all theoretical, I will know about an hour after I update my first noomle site whether this will actually work or not... actually, I won't have to since I linked to the rss on ultimateprofile.info which will add about 2 posts an hour for my previously built stuff.
4. You will have a central place to track your updates.
5. If you get bots, you can probably set up to retweet....
6. You can use the blog output rss to submit to rss directories, assuming all works as planned.
If you are doing things by topic (example: celebrity news) it might be worth the effort to run these on seperate blogs/accounts. For now, just testing.

Later
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 19:28

Another wordpress plug in for posting twitter/digg/delicious/etc to a wordpress blog

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/socialboaster/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 19:33

Here is a list of rss directories as they come online or are discovered (feed page)

http://feeds.feedburner.com/RSS-TOP-55
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Thu 14 May - 23:56

Hmm, not sure if it will work or not. If using wp-o-matic do not check all the boxes on your feeds that have run.... this deletes them. Especially don't do it if you've cleared all the existing posts first...

I think I need to learn how to set up an opml format xml page, at least then if I erase everything I won't have to manually type it all back in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Sat 16 May - 0:35

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Sat 16 May - 1:49

If you are into the rebrandable software thing, here's a link to get some free ones, if inclined you can skip past all the promo stuff and use the links at bottom. They will send you one each month which you can resell, etc. Very clickbank kind of thing, but its free and if they upsell anyone you get a commission.
http://www.imbuzzsoftware.com/?afid=19786

Always possible you could find something that interests you there. Sort of thing you could run off of a blog or even link off of a popular weblo page easily enough.

You promo something like this you could get lucky and have it go off if you catch a motivator. Looks like a couple of the tools might actually be useful. Maybe not the thing for everyone, but interesting in its own right. This is a new promo that the email lister types have been hyping for the last couple of weeks.

Maybe after I get the caffeine thing down, will look at it a bit more closely. If you've ever seen all the buy this miracle program type ads with the big print, here's your chance to get a piece of that action without buying anything. Hell, for all I know it might actually work, sure seem to be enough people doing it.

BTW: If you think you might like this kind of thing, then I strongly advise you set up a seperate email address to handle the mail from these types of programs. Most of them will hammer your email box pretty regularly with newsletters, but there is a lot of good information in some of these messages. However the volume can get intense. Better to anticipate this and have a special email address where it swamp your personal mail. It is amazing how much they all try to use their newsletters to pitch each others services, and you may end up with a fair number of subscriptions by the time you are done looking into these types of programs.

http://www.fastmail.fm is an excellent service which gives you a lot of flexibility and has some cool features, its free and they don't store your emails for eternity like gmail is rumored to do. you might want to consider that if you want an alternate email account. You do this and you have a useful informational resource that won't clutter your email box.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Sat 16 May - 7:04

Spinning Articles ---
Basically its setting up an article so that it can produce many variations for article directory submissions, as duplicates tend to get discarded by google when counting link juice.
Deeper Explanation here.
http://e-commerce-marketing.suite101.com/article.cfm/article_spinning

This one requires a sign up, but will do up to 25 variations at a time (2 minute per variant). The paid model, if you like it can do hundreds of variants. Since the articles become unique through use of phrase substitution and randomization, or at least varied somewhat. Since each article has the same backlink, you can generate a lot of inbounds in theory. Haven't tried it, but interesting enough to take a deeper look at

Basically you end up doing three rewrites of the same article and set up the phrase like
When travelling in rome| While taking a tour of Venice | As you are sight-seeing in italy
throughout the article. The spinner flips a coin /randomizes on each of these and you get fairly varied articles with the same general gist.

If you want to try it out here's the link.
http://www.articleapps.com/?user-redirect=12383

To do it well you probably have to dissect the article pretty thoroughly, but several hundred variations are easily possible. The tool also scores how unique it is compared to the original article. Apparently the paid edition has a common phrase thesaurus or tool, but I didn't see any evidence of it in the teaser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Sat 16 May - 7:12

Damn researched all night, learned about a couple of things I didn't know existed though, so I suppose its alright.

Toyed around with caffeine a little bit. Deleted all of it. Will probably be a couple days before I get a deep look at it. The 50 bonus templates are crap, just diff headers. The default ones are alright though, and one of them is pretty good. And yes, it can build a website fast out of thin air very quickly. Getting the setup I want is going to be a bit more challenging. I need to learn how to set up the target folders, set ads, that kind of thing. Thinking about summarizers and spinners, see if I can find a tool that's better at mixing up content if such a thing exists. Maybe will just use for tv, since its all grabbed anyhow and just write a short blurb about the content. One adv of video.

Anyone know how long yahoo answers stay active before they get pulled? They seem to drop off pretty regularly, which could be useful.

Will probably spend a couple more days over thinking it and then go back to the original plan, I do want to scope out the angles though. I do see something starting to emerge out of this chaos, and I think it will probably be pretty cool when it does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charleston
Director of the Senate

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Sat 16 May - 8:46

ya i think once answered it drifts away,,,havent been there much,,yahoo banned my last post,,saying i was tryin to rpomote my own blog all i did is ask which uhura looks better http://uhurarocks.blogspot.com/ screw em...lol how date they accuse me of promotoion?

shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   Sat 16 May - 16:34

lol, that seems shocking to even contemplate. Sounds like a good premise for a poll site though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RSS blogging and all   

Back to top Go down

RSS blogging and all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Weblo Senate :: The Senate Floor :: Daily Assembly-
Jump to: